Donnerstag, 10. März 2011

Books I am working on

I am working on reading through these books:
  1. Mathematics for Quantum Chemistry: Jay Martin Anderson
  2. div, grad, curl and all that: H. M. Schey
I find them both very exciting. I need to get more into the theory both on QM related mathematics and on vector calculus. They contain exercises and solutions. So far I can recommend them both strongly. Most people would probably say Anderson is a bit dated but I think it's still perfectly recommendable.
Best passage from Schey so far:
"Gauss' law is

\[\iint_S \textbf{E} \cdot \hat{\textbf{n}} \mbox{ dS} = \frac{q}{\epsilon_0}.\]


If you don't understand this equation, don't panic."
Isn't this just wonderful? All people coming from a German education background will know why I am posting this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen